19 September 2011

The Female Entrepreneur

Until recently most of what we have known about entrepreneurs has been based on the study of men who initiated ventures. Women, however, have been starting their own businesses in unprecedented numbers in the last decade.

While my Married-to-an-Entrepreneur-Experience began with the Traditional Entrepreneurial Marriage (male entrepreneur/female spouse) my research has provided me the opportunity to learn more and more about my female Entrepreneur counterparts. Impressed doesn't even begin to explain how I feel about them. Last weekend I was able to attend a Women Entrepreneurs Conference so I thought today would be a great day to highlight them.

Here are some cool things to know about Female Entrepreneurs:
  • From a large-scale perspective, female entrepreneurs encompass approximately 1/3 of all Entrepreneurs worldwide.
  • Female entrepreneurs are becoming more and more successful because they are natural collaborators and love doing project together.
  • Female entrepreneurs primary goals are not monetary reward, but rather personal satisfaction and community involvement.
  • Women start companies to better balance their work and family lives.
  • Female-owned companies tend to offer more family-friendly benefits. 
    While gender differences do exist and while that may set us apart in some ways...it is also what makes us so unique. I had a great time meeting strong, determined and refined Female Entrepreneurs and I look forward to many, many more.

    So whether they prefer to be called an Entrepreneuress, Entrepreneurette, Mompreneur or CEO, one thing is clear...they have all come a long way from playing with makeup in ballet flats...


    although I hope they still enjoy that too.


    Let's hear it for the GIRLS!

    No comments :

    Post a Comment