16 August 2013

Married to an Entrepreneur: When it Doesn't Feel Like a Fairy Tale

The following is a segment from the Season Finale of The Office:
Audience Member: "I had a question for Jim and Pam. Everyone watching sees how much you love each other and how you're soul mates. So Pam... how could you doubt that when Jim moved to Philadelphia?"
Jim {interjecting}: "Uh, you know I actually didn't handle that really very gracefully... from not communicating... to being a little selfish..."
{Pam touches Jim's arm}
Pam: "Listen. ummmm, I was scared."
"You know.  I loved what I had and I didn't want to risk it."
"And I think that maybe I did doubt him a little too... "
"Which was wrong. And he has shown me time and again."
"When the documentary started airing people on the street told me that I had this fairytale romance. But, there were a lot of times last year where it DID NOT feel like a fairy tale."

"But then. It got deeper and it got stronger."
"And now, it's better than a fairy tale."
"It's like a long book that you never want to end and you are fine with that because you just never ever want to leave it."


I've been there too. Scared. Not wanting to risk it. A little doubtful.
I've been there when it did not feel like a fairy tale.

But then... something got better.

Sometimes it was me.
Sometimes it was him.
And sometimes {gratefully} it was the company.
Sometimes it was something really big, like a new partnership for the business.
Or sometimes it was something really small, like a new friendship for me.
One time it came in the form of a big health concern.

We all have unfairy tale like chapters.
And it's hard to keep perspective when you are right in the middle of it.
But keep reading.
You've got a long book ahead of you.
And SOMETHING will get better.









P.S.) I'm back.

No comments :

Post a Comment